Oxycodone or Oxy for short, sold as OxyContin, is in a class of drugs known as opioid analgesics. Oxy is a powerful prescription opioid that’s normally prescribed to help people deal with moderate to severe pain e.g. after surgery. Like other opioids, it can give users a euphoric high and this can end up being addictive.
The brain comes to depend on Oxy for its dopamine hit, with the individual having to seek out more of the drug to attain that high. Eventually, they end up addicted. Common symptoms of addiction include changes in mood and behavior, changes in sleep patterns, lying and stealing to maintain the addiction, and getting into problems at work or in relationships, among others.
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction to Oxy, help is available. There are several ways to find a detox or rehab center near you to receive the help you need.
Finding An Addiction Rehab Center Near You
Congratulations on admitting that you have an addiction. This is often the first and the hardest part of the recovery process. The next one is finding a suitable addiction rehab to help you get and stay clean.
You can find one of these through:
- Referrals from a primary care physician. Your doctor may be able to refer you to a detox center or an addiction treatment facility that can help you beat your addiction.
- Referrals from a community health center. Local community health centers usually have a network of rehab facilities that they work with and you can get a referral to one of these.
- Referrals from a local emergency department. The emergency department at a hospital can help point you in the right direction, especially if you’re looking for a detox facility.
- Your insurance company also likely has a list of rehab facilities that they work with. You can contact them and ask for a referral to one.
- Alternatively, you can opt to do your own research. A great place to start is the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) clinic finder. This is a valuable resource to help you find several addiction rehabs near you before narrowing them down to those you’d like to attend.
Get Help Now
Addiction to Oxy or any other opioids carries the risk of accidental death from an overdose. Don’t let this happen to you or someone you love. Reach out for help from Impact Outpatient Program.
Located near Louisville, Kentucky, we offer a serene and conducive environment for clients to recover from addiction. Our treatment programs, including intensive outpatient and outpatient treatment, are all based on an individual’s unique treatment needs, leading to better recovery outcomes.
We also give clients the option of virtual treatment sessions through our telemedicine program. This allows those who can’t make it for the in-person sessions to still receive treatment without disrupting their lives. Same-day admissions are also available.
Contact us today and let’s help you find a path to lasting recovery.